I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, May 5, 2020

FIRE ISLAND FIESTA

This pattern is by Linda Hahn - a New York Beauty pattern.  She has a great way of paper piecing this so it goes together easily.  It's 58 x 58.  I used Quilter's Dream Puff batting so it's super fluffy.  I did lots of ruler work for the quilting.






This is made up of 2 blocks.  One is the New York Beauty, 
and the other is a modified half-square triangle.











The New York Beauty locks are put together is various ways to create the pattern.




Two of the HST blocks are always put in this manner.




border quilting



I found the perfect fabric for the backing - all of the colors from the front:




No comments: