I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Sunday, January 21, 2018

QOV

This is one that I made last spring when the Sweet Stitches Quilt Shop ran a mystery for our Quilt of Valor Sew Day.  We all had pre-cut fabrics ahead of time, so we could spend our time sewing as Joan gave us clues throughout the day.  We had no clue what the finished top would look like.  It was easy and went together fast with the large pieces.  There is a second strip of gold fabric like the red, but my gold isn't really dark, so it's a little more subtle.  Finished size is 64x78







I finally got it quilted, using a panto with stars.  I used a red/white/blue variegated thread to add some color throughout.







The back is a wide back that I found in Shipshewana last February



No comments: