I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Saturday, January 20, 2018

Maria's 30's

This is the second time around for this pattern for Maria.  She made one for herself in 2015 and had me quilt it.  However, her sister claimed it, so she made it again for herself!!


The challenge was to quilt it differently.  I made the mistake of going back and looking at the first one, so that picture was in my mind.  I finally came up with a different plan.  It's 67x86, with white thread used throughout.



It's a 2-block quilt.  I did similar quilting in each, but different in the center blocks of the outer rows.





They both have flower petals in the center and corners, but one has zig zags in the plain white, and the other has a large blocky petal in the triangle blocks




I used the same flower petals in the narrow border:



I love the way they show up on the back - it's like a whole cloth quilt


Love the way the quilting makes a large petal even though the sections were quilted separately 






No comments: