I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Monday, May 11, 2015

30's reproduction fabrics

Maria pieced this top of cute 30's reproduction fabrics.  It's 67 x 85.  I love the pastel colors and the secondary design of big circles that the pattern creates.  It's a combination of two blocks, shoo fly and 54-40 or fight.






I quilted a similar pattern in each block.  There are 4 flower petals in the center square and corner squares.  The triangle pieces and the plain white blocks each have a hook, then some filler in the other areas:



54-40 or fight block




shoo fly block





The border is a soft green, and and I quilted hooks to match the body of the quilt.



The quilting shows up great on the back as it is a plain white. 
 It almost has the look of a whole cloth quilt:





No comments: