I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Monday, February 5, 2018

QUILT OF VALOR

My friend Ruthie made this Quilt of Valor for a friend.  She added the box around the center star to highlight it.  It has a purple heart in it since the veteran to receive it earned a Purple Heart.  It's
65 x 78.  I've added the binding and she will do the hand-stitching.  It's the same fabric as the backing.





Purple Heart




I did simple wiggly lines in all of the stripes to simulate a flag waving




I quilted a star in the center of the blue stars, and connecting curves around the points of the star







The quilting shows up well on the back





She added a gold flange on the sides to separate the blue border from the blue stripes

here is a photo of the recipient - a good friend of the piecer;


No comments: