I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, February 6, 2018

QUILT OF VALOR

Ruthie made this QUILT OF VALOR for a family friend.  I love the big heart that the log cabin blocks created.  It's 66x72.  I've applied the binding for her to stitch down.


The two gold stars are the recipient and his wife.  The next smaller stars are their children and their spouses.  The smaller stars are the grandchildren and future greats.  What a clever idea.




I quilted a simple meander in the background, with an 8-pointed star randomly placed.  I outlined each star to make them pop a little more.  The same quilting was done in the red and blue areas, with a wiggly line in the border:




8-pointed star in the background


8-pointed star in the red area


meander in background





A red flange was added to help frame the quilt.






The backing is a beige tone-on-tone


No comments: