I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Saturday, February 28, 2015

Quilt of Valor

Mary pieced this jelly race quilt but wasn't really pleased with the way it turned out.  So I told her I'd jazz it up with some gold metallic thread.  I wrote patriotic words like I did on this one.  There is a fabulous variety of patriotic fabrics, and a lot of them had gold in them, so I used a metallic thread that really glitters when the light catches it just right.  I did all the lettering first, then went back to change thread colors for the borders.  It's 70 x 72.  Mary will trim and bind it, and then it will be presented to a veteran.



I quilted a wiggly line in the blue border, and loops in the red border






A mix of great fabrics.  I don't think any are duplicated





I quilted a star between words to separate them







The only thing I couldn't do was dot the i's . . .




The backing is a navy print.  Here you can see the border quilting.


No comments: