I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Sunday, February 15, 2015

Quilt of Valor

I made this jelly race quilt and added some stars to the areas that end up with  several rows of the same color, and also in the corners.  I had some extra gold fabric that has stars in it, so I used that between each jelly roll strip just to add some more color.   It measures 65 x 72.   I made a presentation case to match made from the gold fabric.  It has a red accent strip,  and 2 red stars on each side of the top blue band.  I forgot to take a picture of it.  The quilt and case will be presented to a veteran.



I wrote patriotic words across each row, with a star to separate them:





Gold squares between strips:


I did a simple meander in the borders:



The backing is a bright gold with stars:





1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a fun and great QOV!