I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, February 27, 2015

Quilt of Valor

Becky pieced this great Quilt of Valor top.  A little more on the feminine side - hopefully it will be presented to a female veteran.  There are red and blue stars and the center is a rail fence pattern.  I had fun being creative in the different sections.  It's 70 x 72.







red star with an outline meander quilting around it.  I also added some texture to the leaves and stem.




I used the same motif in the blue star sections





rail fence pattern in the star center with a simple meander




I quilted swirls in the small sections that break up one of the borders





quilting in border sections




The inner border has fun little people



The back is a plain navy which shows the quilting well


No comments: