I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Patriotic Beauty

Maria and I first connected through the Quilts of Valor program.  She pieced a top and it was sent to me for quilting.  See it here.  She liked what I did, so she has sent me two of her own tops to do.  This is the first one.  I love the fabrics she chose from the Stonehenge line.  This is obviously a patriotic quilt, but I'm not sure if Maria is using as a Quilt of Valor or not.   It is 66 x 82.




I quilted curved lines in the star sections, with an 8-pointed star in the middle of each star.  There are red stars and blue stars, and I did them both the same:


Blue Star




Red Star



I'm crazy for feathers, so I did 2 pairs going in opposite directions in the alternating blocks.  This way there is no top or bottom to the designs in the finished quilt.





The borders have the same pattern - but they mirror each other:



The backing has stars on a blue field:





No comments: