I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Monday, March 30, 2015

Jane's Baby Quilts

Jane is soon to be a grandma to twin girls, so she made these baby quilt tops for me to quilt and bind for her.  They are made from Japanese fabrics.  The first two are one piece of fabric and have a double wool batting so they are super fluffy and will be warm for winter.  They are both bound with the fabric from the backing.


1st winter quilt front and back:
                                                                           


close up of front fabric:



Second winter quilt front and back:


daisies on the front


Close up of daisy fabric.  I outlined all the purple daisies with a meander to connect them:



daisy quilting



The second two are light seersucker and flannel for summer use.  The front and back are identical.


Pink baby quilt:


I traced the swirls with a meaner between them, and outlined the roses in the side panels.
  This one is bound with a white print fabric.




Blue baby quilt:


I meandered from flower to flower and traced the white centers. I copied that pattern in the blue flannel at the bottom, and again outlined the roses in the side panels.
  This one is bound with the blue flannel.




No comments: