I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Thursday, March 26, 2015

Memories of Nancy . . .

These two memorial quilts were made from my aunt's clothing for her daughter and grand-daughter.  They both measure 54 x 66.

This one is for Barb, and is called Bento Box - and contains 28 different fabrics.  There are jackets and pants and robes all included.






I quilted a meandering curved vine to soften all the straight lines:




Here is a close up of the quilting:




I added some diamonds to the border:





the back is a black print - a little darker black than is showing here:




This is the second quilt - a "plus" quilt pattern.  Betsy had this pattern on her phone for three years because she loved the pattern so much.  This has the same 28 fabrics as the first one:



This one shows the detail a little better:





She requested the straight line quilting as that is what was in the photo.  This type of quilting fits with the current "modern" quilt movement.



The tight quilting in the border fits that same style.  This is the same black fabric as the backing on Barb's quilt:




The back is a beautiful grey modern fabric that compliments the front perfectly:



I had some extra blocks so I made a pillow to go with Barb's quilt:













No comments: