I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, July 11, 2014

Summer Fun

This is a mystery that I ran for our guild this summer.  There were 5 clues beginning with yardage needed (March) and ending with the reveal. (July)  One clue was presented at each meeting for 5 months.   Finished size is 56 x 80.


 
 It's a free block pattern called 4-patch ladder from the Quilter's Cache.  I used navy and black for my dark fabrics, scrappy brights for the medium, and I bought a white as a constant.  This was all from stash except for the white.
 
 
 
 
Blocks were set 4 x 6 with a pieced border that really carries the pattern to the edge.
 
 
I used a variegated thread in the bright colored sections doing squiggly lines

 
white straight lines thru the white
 
 
Navy zig zags thru the border sections.  The binding is leftover backing fabric from this quilt
 
 
the backing is a solid that I bought online for another quilt  but didn't like the color once it arrived.  So I found a good use for it here.
 
 
 
 


No comments: