I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Darlene's bow-ties

Darlene pieced this for her niece's graduation gift.   Size is 85 x 85.  I used white thread in both the top and bobbin.




I love the bright colors
 
 
I quilted loops in the white part, and line dancing in the bow-ties.
 
 
 
Cool daisies growing out of the border!
 
 
 
quilting in the black border
  (oops - a bit of lint there)
 
 
 
the backing is pieced.  Would you believe that the white loops on the front ended up in exactly the same place in the left over bow ties on the back?  Perfectly aligned!!
 
 
 
quilting detail shows up well on the back.
 
 
 


No comments: