I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, February 14, 2014

Flower Patch

This was a quilt-along with Judi Madsen from Green Fairy Quilts.  The quilt uses a jelly roll and a layer cake from the same line, so all of the fabrics coordinate.  I chose Simple Marks, by Malka Dubrawsky, for Moda Fabrics.  I quilted the background pretty tight, so the flowers would pop.  I quilted a big loop and 2 hooks in the 4 petals of each flower, and a swirl in the middle.  The two focus flowers have leaves and daisy's in their frames.  The back is from the same line, and has a little bit of all of the other fabrics.  It's 60 x 77.   This was 1 of 3 quilts sold to a friend.  Her husband bought them for her 70th birthday.

 
 
focus flower

 
focus flower
 
 
 
quilting pattern the same on all flowers
 
 
daisy and leaves on focus flower border

 
 
leaves on focus flower border
 
 
backing
 
 
close up of backing
 

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow! I just love this! You did an amazing job! The quilting really brings it to life. I just pulled my blocks out again yesterday and should finish my top this week. Thanks for the inspiration! And for sending me this link!