I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, February 14, 2014

Flower Patch

This was a quilt-along with Judi Madsen from Green Fairy Quilts.  The quilt uses a jelly roll and a layer cake from the same line, so all of the fabrics coordinate.  I chose Simple Marks, by Malka Dubrawsky, for Moda Fabrics.  I quilted the background pretty tight, so the flowers would pop.  I quilted a big loop and 2 hooks in the 4 petals of each flower, and a swirl in the middle.  The two focus flowers have leaves and daisy's in their frames.  The back is from the same line, and has a little bit of all of the other fabrics.  It's 60 x 77. 

 
 
focus flower

 
focus flower
 
 
 
quilting pattern the same on all flowers
 
 
daisy and leaves on focus flower border

 
 
leaves on focus flower border
 
 
backing
 
 
close up of backing
 

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow! I just love this! You did an amazing job! The quilting really brings it to life. I just pulled my blocks out again yesterday and should finish my top this week. Thanks for the inspiration! And for sending me this link!