I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Monday, February 17, 2014

Abstraction

This is a block-of-the-month project.  I presented the block to our guild.  My friend Pat won 12 blocks, and promptly gifted them right back to me.  I made 13 more at our retreat last fall, and finally got it all put together.  The pieced border is made from bonus triangles created by double-sewing the flying geese blocks.  The skinny red border and corners adds a little pop.  I only had to make 16 more half-square triangles to have enough to fit around the quilt.  The backing is black and white squiggly lines, and that same fabric turned out perfect as the binding also.  I did a cable in the large border, half circles in the red border, and line dancing in the pieced border.  I quilted a free-motion mock Baptist Fan pattern in the body.  I used a white/grey/black variegated thread that really adds to the "abstraction" of the quilt.  Sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't - depending on what thread color shows up on which fabric.  The completed quilt is 72" square.

 
 
 
mock Baptist Fan quilting
 
 
borders and binding
 
 
backing
 
 


No comments: