I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, February 3, 2017

Tanya's Wall Hanging

Tanya paper-pieced this wall-hanging to give to her daughter.  They always go to visit her during Easter, so it  has a definite Easter theme.  It's 26 x 29.





I did a stitch-in-the-ditch around each block and each element so make them standout, then did a dense fill around each to really make them pop.

Then I added a lot of detail:



pads of the feet of the bunny, and ridges on the carrot




accent lines on the wings and dress of the garden angel





A crack in the egg, ridges on the carrot, and petals for the flower




shingles on the roof, and curtains in the windows :)

I

I put feathers in the two borders to create some movement around the quilt:




The backing is the same dark blue as the outer border, and really shows off all the quilting:








No comments: