I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Darlene's Geese

Darlene pieced this just for fun - for herself.  I don't know if she has a name for it, but I think "Goosey Pinwheels" would be perfect.  The way the flying geese units look like a pinwheel and seem they are flying around looks awesome.  It's  61 x 72.





I quilted a double loop in the geese units:





and wiggly lines in the white background pieces,  They copy the movement of the geese:




There is a red flange around the outside before the black border, 
where I put a simple back and forth to fill it in:







She used a great paisley print for the backing:




No comments: