I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Memories of Lois

Linette brought me the clothing of her mother-in-law to use in a quilt for her husband's birthday.  The pattern I used is Scrappy Mountain Majesties by Bonnie K Hunter.  It's perfect for a memorial quilt since there are lots of different fabrics.  There were a lot of denim shirts, so I used those as a constant in the pattern, mixing those fabrics with all the other different colors.  You can see the blue diamonds created by the denim shirts, while the alternate diamonds are assorted colors.   Finished size is 60 x 65.




Two of the shirts had applique on them, so I saved those parts and used them instead of pieced blocks:





The border fabric is from a denim jumper:




The quilting is a simple vined curl, with a silver thread:





Lois collected lots of things with apples, including this table runner that I used for the label:





I even found apple fabric to use for the backing:





No comments: