I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, March 11, 2016

Life at 60

6 of my friends each made 10 blocks for my 60th birthday.  I added 3 more so I could set them 7 x 9. I love the red/white/black color combo.  Size is 64 x 80.





The block is called "Buckeye Beauty" - which is appropriate because I was born in Ohio - the Buckeye State.  


Buckeye Beauty block



My friends know me well - some of the white fabrics have my favorite pastimes - bicycles, golf balls, and Sudoku puzzles:


Bicycles




golf balls




Sudoku puzzles



I did a lot of straight-line quilting, which I love.  That can be seen in the above photos, and in this one showing the border:

Border quilting




 The only curved areas are in the red squares, and even then I used a ruler to connect them.


red squares



I found a fun red for the backing and binding - 


The red is actually a deeper red - not so orange.

No comments: