I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Darla's Stars

This is a charity quilt made from BOM blocks that I won last winter.  It will be donated as a comfort quilt to our local children's charity.  The pattern uses 1/2 snowball blocks to form a slanted star.  You have to look closely, but they are there.  The body of the star is light, while the 6 points are the colored triangles.  It's 40 x 56.






I changed the look of the quilt with the quilting.  By adding lines and filling in triangles, I change the star to a broken dishes block.

Thanks to Judi Madsen of Green Fairy Quilts for her great instruction in the classes that I took at the AQS  quilt show in Paducah last April.

broken dishes block



I continued the quilting pattern in the border:


border



I found the backing at an  estate sale.  It's perfect for a children's quilt. 
 The words follow the tune of Row Row Row your Boat:

Brush, brush, brush your teeth
Gently till they gleam.
Flossing, flossing, flossing, flossing
Now your smile's a dream.

backing

No comments: