I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Quilt of Valor

This top was made by someone at the Bits 'n Pieces Quilt Shop.  It closed suddenly due to the passing of the owner, so my guild inherited the top.   I used a khaki colored thread throughout most of it, but added a blue in the star centers and cornerstones.  It's 74 x 70, and will be donated to a veteran through the Quilts of Valor program.


 There are different backgrounds and star centers:



I quilted the same design in each star background:



The star centers each got an 8-pointed star, with little curves in the red triangles.  I also put small stars in the blue cornerstones:







The sashings are a great striped fabric, and I quilted 3 stars in each section:




The backing is a blue floral tone on tone:







No comments: