I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hobo Heaven

My guild had a "recycle" challenge - we had to make a quilt using recycled fabrics.  I chose denim because I've been collecting them for a while in anticipation of making this quilt.  So the challenge brought the wait to an end.  Some of the jeans were mine, some my husband's and others were purchased at the Goodwill Store in order to get a variety of color.  Finished size is 72 x 72.  I quilted a blunt tipped spiral to give it a lot of texture.  It's one of my favorites.

The pattern is Denim Rails by Bonnie Hunter.




It's a simple pattern - combining a 9-patch block with a rail fence block:

9-patch



rails


I used a red bandana print for the back to give it a Hobo feel, and used the same for binding.




No comments: