I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Thursday, August 8, 2019

Quilt of Valor

This is a Quilt of Valor that I drafted and pieced.  I saw a picture in a magazine, and used that to draft the fabric pieces needed.  I forgot to take a picture before I washed it, so it has that crinkled look.  It's 66 x 77.  I like the way the gold in the corners of the blocks creates a secondary pattern.



This quilt was presented to one of our Congressional Medal of Honor winners.  I was lucky enough to be the one to wrap him in it.  Beneath the quilt he has a prosthetic right hand:





I quilted an 8-pointed star in the center of gold triangles,
 and where there are 4 squares together in the center of each block.







There are hooks in the white triangles;




I quilted connecting curves in all of the other areas









The backing is a great patriotic print: