I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Monday, November 14, 2016

Martha's Bees

Martha made this for her brother who has 2 beehives.  Perfect fabric for him for sure.  It's 45 x 69.




I made a template of one of the bees in the fabric and traced it in the borders inside the narrow black border.  It's in the corners, across the top and bottom, and down the sides:




The center panel is divided into sections and outline as if they had been cut apart and pieced:




I quilted hexagons that look the the cells of the honeycomb that's in the outer border.  There small and large loops in the black border.



The backing is very light, so the quilting shows well - 








No comments: