I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Joan's medallion

Joan hand-pieced this beautiful quilt and did a fabulous job.  I love the colors she chose.  I didn't even realize it was hand pieced until I took it back to her. 
 It's 92 x 92, and I used 5 different colors of thread.




There are 4 center blocks on-point that are the same, and 4 in the corners that are the same.  
The rest of them are all different.




Here are the center blocks with green sashings between.  I quilted a small feather circle in the center, with line dancing and hooks in the rest.  The sashings have a wiggly line.





I quilted line dancing and hooks in the 4 corner blocks:




There is a floral block that separates the others, and I quilted a feathered wreath in each of those:





One of the remaining blocks - line dancing and hooks - 




There is a tan and pink border around the center blocks.  I followed the pattern of the cream paisleys in the tan border, and put large and small loops in the pink:



The  next center border is green, and I put feathers in there:




I added feathers in the setting and corner triangles:

corner triangle


setting triangle

Next comes an outer green border, then a floral one.  The green has loops like the pink, and a simple meander in the floral since not much else would show:




The outer border is full of swirly feather.  I love how they came out.  They really make the quilt.  I pre-marked the vine, but the feathers are all free hand 




The backing is the same as the pink on the front.  












No comments: