I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Bonnie's Mini-Marathon

Bonnie is one of my golf friends, but she is also a runner.  She ran the Indy Mini-Marathon (13.1 miles) 20 times and saved all of her shirts.  She entrusted them to me to create this quilt for her.  She wanted them in chronological order, so the dates line up across the rows.  It's 70 x 85







The designs are all long, so I needed to add some width but not length.  That's why the sashing is only vertical, and not horizontal.





I used a white thread to quilt and used an pantograph that has swirls and spikey flowers.







The backing fabric is the same as the sashing and the binding.



No comments: