I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, February 12, 2016

Barb's applique

Barb appliqued this cute little quilt to drape over a rocking chair in her kitchen.  The 30's repoduction fabrics are perfect.  All the fabrics are from a Pat Sloan collection.  It's 56 x 56.





There are so many cute fusible appliques.  I outlined every piece to be sure it stays on, and quilted a dense fill in the background to make those appliques pop.




I added swirls to the dots on the butterflies




stems on the leaves




swirls in the flower centers




waves on the boat - love the fussing cutting of the sail fabric







I did a piano key border, with feathers in the narrow red border:





The backing carries the theme from the front.




No comments: