I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Sunday, January 31, 2016

Claire's Batik's

I watched Claire work on this at our guild's retreat last year.  She did a great job.  Her top was flat and square and very easy to quilt.  I love batik fabrics, and the colors here are wonderful.  It's 71 x 84.  I like how she used lighter backgrounds in the center, and the darker backgrounds to create a border.





She wanted circles in the quilting to continue the pattern theme, so I did a variety of sizes.  Some are adjacent and some are inside others.  I used a variegated thread to pick up a lot of the fabric colors.








She used a brown to separate the borders from the body, and also a brown with circles for the back:


borders



backing

No comments: