I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Thursday, March 27, 2014

Quilt of Valor jelly race quilt

This is a" jelly race" or "lasagna" quilt.  2.5" strips are sewn end to end to create one long strip.  That is then folded in half and sewn down one side.  That process is repeated over and over until the desired size is reached.  I started this at the National Quilt of Valor sew-in day on Feb 1.  This will presented to a veteran through the Quilts of Valor program.  It's 66 x 76.


 
 
 
 
 
 
I wasn't happy with it when it was done - there were too many spots where there was a large section that was all one color.  At the next guild meeting, someone had a supply of stars and flags that were already cut and had "heat 'n bond" on them read to go.  I grabbed a few of those, made some more on my own, and put them in  appropriate spot. 

 
 
 
 
quilting pattern - I quilted an all-over hook and swirl pattern with red thread to perk it up even more.

 
backing
 
 

No comments: