I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Easy Street

This is Easy Street - Bonnie Hunter's mystery from fall 2012.  The top has been done for a year, and I finally got it quilted. There are Baptist Fans in the body.  I love the look of them even though it takes forever to do them. There is a zig-zag line in the gray border, 1" circles in the narrow blue border, and piano keys in the outside purple border.  I used a template for those circles - they took forever also - had to make sure they were exactly within the border.  I found a batik for the back that has all of the colors in it.   This quilt took 3rd place in our 2014 quilt show.


 
Baptist Fans
 
 
borders
 
 
 
                                                                          Backing


No comments: