I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Saturday, January 11, 2014

Jelly Bargelly

Thanks to Deb Moffit at Sew Fun Fabrics in Chesterton for graciously teaching this class to just two of us.  Thanks also for the great lesson on mitered corners.  She helped me to cross two things off my quilting bucket list - a Bargello quilt, and learning how to miter borders.  I quilted diagonal lines in each little square which enhanced the curved effect of the piecing.  The border quilting was simply lines straight out from the piecing seams.  This is 55 x 82,  This quilt was awarded first place in our 2014 quilt show.



Mitered corner
 
quilting lines look curved

 
 

No comments: