I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Monday, January 13, 2014

Fit to be a Hero

I did this as a quilt-a-long with Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times.  It will find a home through the Quilt of Valor program after it hangs in our quilt show in March.  The entire top was made from stash - I only had to buy fabric for the backing - a light blue with navy, white, and red stars.  I quilted a medium meander in the dark outside border, feathers in the red and blue borders, and a squiggly line around the 1" squares in the middle border.  I spent a long time doing Baptist Fans in the body of the quilt.  A first time for me - I love the way they look, but boy do they take a long time!   I also made a matching presentation case.   This quilt finished at 66 x 82. 

 
 
borders
 
 
close up showing Baptist Fans



pillowcase

Backing - light blue with navy and red stars

 
 


No comments: