I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Thursday, July 7, 2011

BOM - May 2011


This was the pattern for the Block of the Month for my quilt guild for the June meeting.  I used heavy denim for the pants,and recycled shirts from Goodwill.  I really wanted to win the blocks, so I made 4 to give me 4 chances. Didn't work though, some other lucky lady got them all.  Some of the women were really creative - they add a tiny patch pocket on the pants, and gold top-stitching lines just like on a real pair of jeans.  Some even added detail to the boots.  I'll definitely keep this pattern - my nephew and wife live in Houston, so if they ever have a son, they'll get one of these quilts for sure!!  May 2011

No comments: