I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Thursday, December 17, 2020

Ruthie's Tablecloth

 Ruthie purchased a table cloth at a yard sale years ago - she thinks she paid $5.  She asked me to quilt it, and to have fun.  I sure did...  It's 49 x 68


There are millions of feathers, from borders, to wreaths, with pebbles to highlight it all.  I worked to highlight the embroidery that was already there.  She chose a blue backing to match the front, and wanted to keep the scalloped edges.


It's not trimmed, as she wanted to do that as she hemmed the edges.  She brought the back to the front and hand-stitched it in place to keep the scalloped edges.





quilt center






corner




swirl on side






wreath on side




feathered wreath close up


The solid blue backing really shows all the quilting:''













No comments: