I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, June 4, 2019

QUILT OF VALOR

This top was sent to me through the national organization - www.qovf.org.  It's 60 x 78.  Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of the entire quilt after it was quilted.  This photo is just the top.   It is a great pattern, one I drafted for myself so I can make it for my QOV group.  I used a red thread to quilt a pantograph that has stars and swirls.  I think when I make it the grey pinwheels will be a gold fabric:





The block use all 2.5" strips of red and white to create the pattern.  There is a blue half-square-triangle- in one corner, and a grey half-square-triangle in the opposite corner.  When the blocks are put together, those HST create a pinwheel.



grey pinwheel






blue pinwheel





quilting pattern



The backing is a red print:






No comments: