I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Dresden Flower

Susan's grandmother pieced this by hand.  She thinks it was some time in the early 60's.  It had been stored since then.  Susan was moving and found it while packing.  She wanted it done so she could use it.  It's 72 x 93.





This is a classic - using up what was on hand.  Some of the blocks are the traditional alternating colors, but many have an odd piece put in just so it could be finished.  There is no border.  We don't know if she ran out of the green sashing fabric, or jut ran out of time.  Susan thinks this is the last quilt that Grandma made.










I tried to keep the quilting traditional.  I did outlining, and put a small daisy in each corner.  






I  put ribbon candy in the sashings, and X in the cornerstones, and a more modern daisy in the centers







I used an off white for the backing, and a green binding that matches the sashings and centers,
 to try to pull it all together.





No comments: