I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Thursday, November 1, 2018

QUILT OF VALOR

Another pairing from the national organization - someone makes the top, and then it is sent to me for quilting.  This one is 60 x 70




The pattern alternates a square-in-a-square block with either a red or blue corner fabric, with a white patriotic print in the center. 

 I quilted an 8-pointed star in the center, with curves and a loop in the corners:








There is ribbon candy in the white border, with large and small loops in the red border:




I used a ruler to create a diamond pattern in the wide sashings:





The larger blue border has a simple meander since nothing fancy would show:





The backing is a great patriotic print that resembles a quilting meander:





No comments: