I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Thursday, May 17, 2018

Quilt of Valor

This is another one sent to me by the national organization.  They pair me up with local groups that piece the top.  This one was a group effort by several people.  It's large - 72 x 90.  I used a red/white/blue variegated thread throughout the blocks and inner border.


There are several different blocks.  People made their favorite 9" block, then they were all put together and borders added.


churn-dash variation



flying geese



pinwheel



friendship star







I put a zig zag line in the narrow white border, with another line going out to the corner



there is a simple meander with navy thread in the dark outer border.  
Nothing fancy would show, so I kept it simple here



the backing is a great patriotic print:

No comments: