I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Monday, April 16, 2018

Barbara's fall batiks

Barb made this great quilt for their bed for the fall.  It's all great batiks, and is 90 x 90.





She wanted the leaves to pop, so I did small pebbles in the background behind them.  Then outlined each leaf, and added some veins.


pebbles





gold leaf






green leaf



I did smaller leaves in the triangles, and center squares of the red blocks:







The red triangles got a center loop with a hook on each side:




I put feathers in the smaller border, and piano keys in the large dark green border:






the backing is a gold and orange print with pebbles:






No comments: