I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, March 16, 2018

QUILT OF VALOR

I received this top via the national organization to quilt.  It's such a simple pattern but creates a beautiful top.  I used a white thread in the blocks and print border, and coordinating threads in the red and blue sashings.  It's 60 x 70.





There are lots of different patriotic, red or blue fabrics for the center squares.
 I quilted an 8-pointed star in these squares, with a hook going into the white corners.






Then they are framed with a red or blue solid fabric. 





I quilted in loopy pattern in these sashings:




The outer border is a patriotic print that I quilted with a simple meander



The backing is a great fireworks pattern:





No comments: