I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Thursday, July 20, 2017

Barb's Giant Dahlia

Barb finally pieced a top for herself.   I've quilted quite a few tops for her, and most of them were gifts for others.  This Giant Dahlia will go on her bed.  It's 85 x 102.  The flower is not centered as she was smart and put extra space at the top to tuck under a pillow.   The binding has been attached to the front, and is the solid red used in the borders.








She showed me some pictures of one already quilted that has tons of feathers, and that's what she wanted.  There are feathers in every single section of that dahlia.  Many of the shapes were fussy-cut so as not to cut up the printed flowers:










There is a center circle with one flower that I outlined, and then feathers all around:



The outer edges of the circle have feathers also:






I quilted a long swirly pattern in the background.  It gives it lots of texture and movement:



There are lots of borders, and I treated each one differently:







The backing is a fabric from the same collection:











No comments: