I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Storm at Sea

Kathy pieced this Storm at Sea pattern as a wedding gift for her niece.  I used a cream thread in the background, and a blue/green variegated in the colored areas.  It measures 85 x 100.





The coloring creates 2 large blue hearts - a variation of the traditional Storm at Sea coloring.





I quilted a curved fill around the larger diamonds, which creates a secondary star pattern.





I quilted a large swirl with a hook to fill the diamonds, along with connecting curves to help fill the space




The smaller blocks have figure 8's and connecting curves




the larger blocks have the hooks and connecting curves




I put feathers in the narrow border, and the hooks on a vine in the large border





She found a great backing that has all the same colors







No comments: