I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, June 27, 2017

En Provence

This quilt pattern is Bonnie K Hunter's 2016 mystery.  I'ts titled "En Provence" - named after her travels last year in the Provence region France.  She chose the colors based on what she saw there - mostly the fields of lavender.  I pieced and quilted it for my guild's raffle quilt for our April 2018 show.  All of the fabrics are batiks except for the solid light grey in the border 4-patches.  It measures 87 x 87.






I did lots of ruler work - as that is my favorite type of quilting.  I followed the piecing to create cross-hatching in the border:




I created triangles and diamond shapes in the red star blocks, with loops in the center and a wiggly line through the red





The diamond shape is repeated in the purple block, with straight lines through the corner 4-patches that align throughout the quilt






The green/yellow block have straight lines, hooks, and the same loops in the center and in the small triangles




I found the perfect purple batik for the backing and binding






1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow!!! your quilting is gorgeous on this one!