I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Satin Wedding Dresses

Gloria's mother wore this white satin wedding dress for her wedding in 1949.  The brown dress was worn by her grandmother at that wedding.  It's 48 x 56.  
I added a sleeve on the back so she can hang it.




I was able to include a lot of the decorations from both dresses:



beading on the wedding gown





buttons down the back of the gown





buttons at the neckline of the brown dress




flower at the waistline of the brown dress




I copied the beading pattern to use as the quilting pattern:







I was able to find a backing that was just perfect.



1 comment:

Janice said...

Thanks for sharing this link! I LOVE what you did on this project!!