I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Saturday, April 16, 2016

Marilyn's Red & Black Quilt

Marilyn pieced this to give as a gift.  It's a great quilt - and I'd have a hard time giving it away :)    It's 100 x 100.  I used a grey/white/black variegated thread that blends well.






This is the focal fabric, with all the others picking up these colors:


Some of the other fabrics:




I quilted a serpentine line in all of the larger pieces, with line dancing in the smaller triangles:




The larger triangles of the focal fabric have a fern:




Feathers are perfect for the long white diagonals:


The same serpentine line in the white border.  The outer border has a simple meander as it really doesn't sow in the busy fabric.




The backing is a black/grey mix.  The color is darker than shows here:






No comments: