I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, September 15, 2015

QUILT OF VALOR

I pieced this Quilt of Valor that started with some donated bonus half-square triangles.  A guild member brought them home from her group in Florida, and donated them.  I trimmed them to a uniform size, and was able to make more than 50 pinwheels after I matched up the fabrics.  The rest of the top was made from my stash.  The top and bottom borders are from our guild's QOV stash.  I needed that to add more length, and also to give it more of a patriotic pop.  It's 60 x 72.








Patriotic fabric for borders




pinwheels with curved line quilting to accent the spinning pinwheel




There is a lot of plain blue fabric, so I jazzed it up by quilting with red thread.  I chalked in a 3" grid and did some jagged line dancing.





One of the sections is red fabric with gold stars, so I quilting 8-pointed stars in those areas




a lot of the fabrics in the pinwheels had a bandana print, so I pulled this from my stash to continue that theme in the outer border




I found this perfect backing fabric in Paducah at Quilt Week in April.  It looks like quilt pieces, and has the bandana print that's perfect with the front of the quilt


No comments: