I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Monday, September 14, 2015

Jan's Bargello

Jan and some friends each made this top as a class through our local quilt shop.  I like her bright colors, and she carried those through with her borders.  The black is a great way to separate the borders from the body, and makes the center looks like it's floating.  The quilt is 65 x 85.






We decided on a curved all over pattern to soften all of the straight  lines of the quilt.  I used a variegated thread that has a lot of the fabric colors in it.




border fabrics and close up of the quilting:




The backing she chose is perfect - has all of the colors from the front:






The quilting shows up well on the back too:





No comments: