I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Kathy's grand-daughter

Kathy made this top for her grand-daughter's high school graduation.  She had the white blocks and markers set out at the open house so all the friends and family could write a note of congratulations, or good wishes for the future - whatever.  Then the two of them assembled the blocks into this beautiful top and passed it along to me for quilting.  I used white thread and put straight lines in the setting triangles, swirls in the block edges, a tiny scallop in the written areas, a zig zag in the border,  and little flower petals in the colored triangles.  I'm sure her grand-daughter will love it with all the love and memories in it forever.




swirls in block edges
full block


straight lines in setting triangles and zig zag in the border

memory block with flower petals

close up of blocks

No comments: