I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, September 6, 2013

Quilt of Valor

Debby L from Pennsylvania pieced this tumblers pattern.  I quilted stars and loops in the main body of the quilt to keep with the patriotic theme.  I added diamonds in the red border, and diagonal lines in the large border.  The backing is blue with small hearts.  I had thread that matched the outer border perfectly; that color is repeated throughout the quilt, an in the backing, so it was a perfect fit.  It's 64 x 74.

 It's a small world - it turns out that Debby, her sister, and I all graduated from the same university!



 
inner and outer borders
 
stars and loops quilting
 
backing
 
 
 

No comments: